scroll to top
Stuck on your essay?
Get ideas from this essay and see how your work stacks up
Word Count: 1,821
Environmental effects of global warming The greenhouse effect and global warming are issues that are talked about by geologists all the time The greenhouse effect is a natural process that keeps the earth at temperatures that are livable Energy from the sun warms the earth when its heat rays are absorbed by greenhouse gasses and become trapped in the atmosphere Some of the most common greenhouse gasses are water vapor carbon dioxide and methane If there were no greenhouse gasses very few rays would be absorbed and the earth would be extremely cold When too many rays are absorbed the earths atmosphere starts to warm which leads to global warming Global warming can lead to many problems that affects the environment in which we live In order to talk about global warming we must first learn what causes the greenhouse effect A lot of the rays from the sun are absorbed by water vapor that is naturally in our atmosphere Water vapor accounts for 80 percent of natural greenhouse warming The remaining 20 percent is due to other gasses that are present in very small amounts Murck Skinner and Porter 488 Carbon dioxide is also a big absorber of the suns heat rays Humans can cause a lot of carbon dioxide to be released Every time we burn fossil fuels we release more carbon dioxide Emissions from cars also increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere If there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere more rays from the sun are absorbed This will cause the atmosphere and the earths temperature to warm The warming of the earth will cause the oceans to become warmer When they heat up more water is evaporated causing more carbon dioxide to be released into the atmosphere Once this process starts it is extremely hard to control If the temperature keeps rising more carbon dioxide will be released Another greenhouse gas is methane
@Kibin is a lifesaver for my essay right now!!
- Sandra Slivka, student @ UC Berkeley
Wow, this is the best essay help I've ever received!
- Camvu Pham, student @ U of M
If I'd known about @Kibin in college, I would have gotten much more sleep
- Jen Soust, alumni @ UCLA