scroll to top
Stuck on your essay?
Get ideas from this essay and see how your work stacks up
Word Count: 1,274
In recent years video games have been a popular icon of youth culture Howeveras games have become popular so has the amount of violence contained in them Because of the immense popularity of video games with children violence within them should be handled more properly First of all lets take a look at some background information to get a few ideas of who plays the games frequently and what amount of video games contain violence A lot of people tend to think that the majority of video game users are children but a congressional testimony by Interactive Digital Software Association denies this and points out that 77 percent of the most frequent consumers are adults 57 percentover18 20 percentover 36 Douglas np And yet even though those adultsaccount for most of the users the remaining 23 percent of the consumers are still under 18 and shouldnt be overlooked especially when researches have found that many games contain at least some form of violence One research has sampled 33 popular Nintendo and Sega games and came to the conclusion that close to 80 percent of them have at least some aggression or violence Dietz 425 Another research shows that 85 percent of the games that are inspected embrace a lot of acts involving killings The Journal of Psychology One example of a destructive game that I have seen is Mortal Kombat IV Its a fighting game between two characters in which one of them literally destroys the other by pulling off the arms or pulling off the head to make them explode and so on The commentator just laughs about it very loudly or says Excellent to praise you every time you kill the other character Its graphics are full of blood that I remember very vividly and was very shocked when I saw it for the first time My friends who used to play it say that its
@Kibin is a lifesaver for my essay right now!!
- Sandra Slivka, student @ UC Berkeley
Wow, this is the best essay help I've ever received!
- Camvu Pham, student @ U of M
If I'd known about @Kibin in college, I would have gotten much more sleep
- Jen Soust, alumni @ UCLA