scroll to top
Stuck on your essay?
Get ideas from this essay and see how your work stacks up
Word Count: 453
An opportunity has arisen for students in Chesterfield County to switch to the 10 point grading scale The 10 point grading scale will make the County more desirable to colleges and improve the confidence in student grades Also it will increase acceptance rates and GPAs for the County With the question of whether Chesterfield County should convert grading scales I say that Chesterfield County should because of the many advantages of the 10 point grading scaleThroughout the states there are many different grading scales Therefore we should adopt the 10 point grading scale to help initiate uniformity In recent studies more than 70 percent of the US uses the 10 point grading scale But what about the other 30 percent who dont use the scale can they continue to use it or should they be allowed to keep their grading scale In my opinion I say that everyone should switch to the 10 point creating a sense of unity throughout the nation in education Along with that Virginia needs to adopt a state wide grading scale As of now only a portion of Virginia schools use the 10 point grading scale However other counties are planning to adopt the scale If Virginia adopts the grading scale entirely other states would soon follow Thus the idea of creating a national standard in education would be strongerWith students applying to colleges all over the world students with a 6 point grading scale have a difficult time An example of this is if you have a student in Missouri who has a 92 percent in history and a student in Chesterfield who has a 92 percent in history The student in Missouri will get an A on their transcript and the student in Chesterfield will get a B Thus making the Chesterfield student less desirable to colleges because of their grade Therefore students under a 10 point grading scale potentially have a better chance
@Kibin is a lifesaver for my essay right now!!
- Sandra Slivka, student @ UC Berkeley
Wow, this is the best essay help I've ever received!
- Camvu Pham, student @ U of M
If I'd known about @Kibin in college, I would have gotten much more sleep
- Jen Soust, alumni @ UCLA