scroll to top
Stuck on your essay?
Get ideas from this essay and see how your work stacks up
Word Count: 2,110
1Statement of the IssueProblemGender income gap also known as gender earnings gap womens earnings as a percentage of mens earnings is the inequality between male and female incomes It refers to the difference in average incomes of men and women A range of evidences has revealed that the gender wage gap is a serious and persistent problem and it is a problem that needs for immediate policy solutions Women employers average weekly earnings are lower than men employers median weekly earnings in all industries Womens Earnings and Employment by Industry 2009 Women need an additional educational degree in order to make as much as men For example a woman would need a masters degree to earn the same as a man with a bachelors degree and a man with a high school education would make the same as a woman with a bachelors degree Strasser ThinkProgressorg 2013 According to the Institute for Womens Policy Research women workers received only 59 percent to 100 percent paid to men workers in 1963 The income ratio had gone up to 77 percent by the year 2009 Income Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage US Census Bureau 2009 Based on recent report 60 percent of the income gap accounts for known factorsreasons For instance such as working experiences educational attainment occupation and union status are those known factors which make the income gap while the other 40 percent is unexplained Blau and Kahn 9 An American woman with a college degree makes about 12 million dollars less than a man with the same college degree Eliminating the income gap by raising female workers wages as much as male workers would have a significant stimulus effect that would eventually boost up the United States economy by 3 to 4 percent Empowering Women Since 1881 AAUW 2013 Another positive effect would be that women would be regarded as equal to their male counterpartsWomen workers pay still is not equal to men workers
@Kibin is a lifesaver for my essay right now!!
- Sandra Slivka, student @ UC Berkeley
Wow, this is the best essay help I've ever received!
- Camvu Pham, student @ U of M
If I'd known about @Kibin in college, I would have gotten much more sleep
- Jen Soust, alumni @ UCLA