Kibin (the "Company") wants you to understand how we collect, protect, and use your personally identifiable information ("your information") and the choices you have about how your information is used. This policy covers the information handling practices of the Company; however, certain departments and/or products within the Company may have more restrictive information handling practices.
We are committed to providing you a useful and enjoyable online experience. When you access a Company Web site ("Company Site"), you can be sure that your information is protected by physical, procedural, and electronic safeguards. We collect information from your visit only in order to personalize and improve upon your experience with us.
To access information and send e-mail via Company Sites, you will need a browser that supports the use of Secure Sockets Layer. This encryption technology helps ensure the authenticity of your online sessions and secures data being transmitted over the public Internet.
When you enter a Company Site, we will identify the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or handheld device. The IP address doesn't identify you personally, but it lets us identify the device you're using. We store IP addresses in case we need to track a connection for security purposes.
If you supply us with your e-mail address, we may let you know by e-mail about other products and services and product enhancements that may be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to tell us you don't want to receive future messages with each message you receive. If you e-mail a question or comment to us, we will use your e-mail address to reply to you and we will temporarily store your e-mail address, your message and our reply for quality assurance or to satisfy applicable laws and regulations. When we collect your e-mail address this way, we won't use it for marketing our products and services unless you have given us permission.
Company Sites don't knowingly collect, maintain, or use information from children under age 13 unless first complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. If we find out we have unknowingly collected such information we will take all reasonable measures to delete that information from our system as soon as possible. We are not responsible for the collection and use of information by companies or individuals unaffiliated with us whose Web sites may contain links to ours, including vendors where you may shop.
Please note that when you shop with a vendor who is linked to a Company Site, even though you may have started your visit with us, and even though our pages may still appear, your transactions are completed with a separate organization, not with us. We don't share your information with them, but information you choose to share with them will fall under their privacy policies, which we encourage you to review. We carefully select other organizations in an effort to give you the value and excellent customer service you expect from us, but we cannot guarantee your satisfaction with these organizations.
Information we collect and why
In order to provide you with products and services, we collect your information from different sources:
- Information you provide to us on forms (such as applications), by e-mail, in writing, by telephone or through our Web sites.
- Information collected from your transactions with us or others, such as account activity.
Information safeguarding practices
We appreciate the trust you place in us, and we are committed to the security and privacy of your information.
- Our authorized employees, agents, and contractors receive your information only to the extent required to perform their work.
- We comply with federal and state regulations as well as industry standards set forth to protect your information.
- Companies that assist us in delivering our products and services are also required to protect your information and use it only for the services we ask them to perform.
Information sharing with affiliated companies
We may share your information with our affiliated companies in order to better understand your educational and financial needs and provide solutions. Unless you instruct us otherwise, our affiliates may selectively contact you about products, services, and promotions that may be of interest to you.
Information sharing with service providers and others outside of our affiliated companies
To the extent required or permitted by law, we may share your information with service providers and unaffiliated third parties for the following reasons:
- To service your account and provide you with products and services you have requested.
- To communicate with you about additional products, services, and special offers, using marketing providers to assist us.
- To comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding.
- To respond to your opt-in request or other disclosure request.
Joint account holders may make privacy choices for each other.
Information about this policy
- This policy is effective February 22, 2011.
- This policy applies to current and former customers.
- This policy is available at our Web site.
- If you previously sent us a request not to share your personally identifiable information, your request is still being honored; it is not necessary for you to submit another request. If you wish to revoke your prior request, you may opt in and provide your consent using the contact methods described above.
Protecting your personally identifiable information
You are encouraged to take steps to protect your privacy by keeping passwords and personal identification numbers confidential, never disclosing personal information to unknown callers, and ensuring your Internet use is secured and protected from unauthorized access or use. If you believe you are a victim of identify theft:
- Call the Federal Social Security Administration fraud hotline: 800.269.0271
- File a police report with your local authorities, note the report number and officer's name
- Call the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft hotline: 877.IDTHEFT
- Contact the major national credit reporting agencies:
- Experian 888.397.3742
- Equifax 800.525.6285
- Trans Union 800.680.7289
- Innovis 800.540.2505