It looks like you've lost connection to our server. Please check your internet connection or reload this page.

Emperor Of The Irish Essay Examples

490 total results
An In-depth Look at the European Country of Ireland
Ireland Ireland is a country in Europe with a coast on the Atlantic Ocean. It is called the Emerald Isle because of its green color. Its people derived mainly from Great Britain. Most of the population is Roman Catholic. The Climate is much like ours. The republic of Ireland covers 83% of its stand with the other 17%...
915 words
2 pages
A History of the Irish Republican Army
The Irish Republican Army, also known as the IRA, is a parliamentary and nationalist organization that opposes the connection of Northern Ireland to Great Britain. The IRA is also dedicated to the creation of a single unified Irish state. The name IRA derived from the veterans of the Easter Battles of 1916. The battle was f...
1,963 words
4 pages
An Introduction to the Irish Immigration During the 19th and 20th Century
Irish Immigration Throughout time people have moved and migrated around the world for many different reasons. Immigration, throughout history, has become a key factor in the diffusion of culture in both the United States as well as the rest of the world. Immigration is defined as the transfer of a foreigner from one countr...
2,548 words
6 pages
The Achievements and Failures of Emperor Nero
Introduction
There are thousands of leaders and rulers who reigned centuries ago but there influence has never faded in the historic mind of people. What makes a leader famous is mostly his or her achievements and failures. From Winston Churchill to Martin Luther, Nelson Mandela in South Africa to Adolph Hitler, the famous...
1,111 words
2 pages
A Synopsis of Caligula Known to History as a Colorful Emperor
Caligula has been known to history as a colorful emperor. He is the youngest son of Germanicus Ceaser and the grandnephew of Tiberius. Caligula as a child was said to have been very ill with a high fever that probably affected his mind. That would explain all the strange things that he did throughout his life. Gaius wa...
274 words
1 page
Comparing the Novel My Left Foot to Its Movie Version Directed by Jim Sheridan
My Left Foot, by Christy Brown is an autobiographical novel that was later adapted into a movie directed by Jim Sheridan. While the film carries the same name and content of the book, its message is greatly differs from what happened in Christy Brown’s life. In Sheridan’s version of the novel, he looks at themes of the iris...
1,696 words
4 pages
Imagery in Yeats's Poem An Irish Airman Foresees His Death
Death Up Above The most improbable way of dying, is not knowing where the deathblow came from. To fight for what is right is not always wrong; to fight for something wrong is not always right. But to fulfill your duties as a soldier for your country is always right. Throughout our lives, each and every one of us have...
875 words
2 pages
Ideology of Kingship as a Reflection of Early Irish Society's Values in Early Medieval Irish Literature
Early medieval Irish literature thoroughly discusses the ideology of kingship; the tales about kingship both acted as exemplum literature for early Irish kings and, for modern scholars, elaborate on early Irish society's values. Although there is no specific evidence which indicates that the tales were used as exemplum, it...
5,474 words
12 pages
An Essay on the Irish Speaking Audience of TG4, the Irish Language Television Channel
AND THE IRISH SPEAKING AUDIENCE Introduction In this report I aim to examine the Irish speaking audience of TG4. This involves looking at three items in relation to this topic. Firstly in section 1 we will look at information which is currently available about the Irish speaking audience and the issues raised by this inf...
2,536 words
6 pages
A Review of The Feast of Bricriu, a Story Based on a Collection of Irish Legends
Main Character: Poison tongued and sour, stands Bricriu in his spacious home. This the spirited member of Conchobar Mac Nessa's Ulster Court stands, towering above the visitors and servants of his house. All of the servants knew that if they didn't do what they were told, Bricriu would have no problem doing away with them....
427 words
1 page