Kibin Terms of Service
Please Read Carefully Before Using this Website.
Welcome to the Website for Kibin.com. Please read below for the terms and conditions applicable to Kibin's Website. Please be aware that, to the extent that you wish to purchase services from this Website, there may be additional terms and conditions associated with that purchase.
This Website (the "Site") of Kibin and access to and use of the Site are subject to these terms and conditions ("Terms") and all applicable laws. By accessing any areas of the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all of the Terms, please do not use the Site.
Kibin may revise these Terms from time to time by updating this Web page. Your use of our Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms as changed. Please check this page regularly for updates.
If any change is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate your use of the Site. Kibin may also change, move portions of, delete portions of, or add to the Site from time to time.
Subscription, Cancellation, and Refund Terms
Subscriptions and Billing
Kibin's Essay Examples Library subscription grants monthly or yearly access to thousands of essay examples on a wide range of topics. A Kibin Essay Examples Library subscription also includes Kibin Editing Credits that can be used for Kibin's essay editing service.
Once your payment is received, your Kibin account can access all content in Kibin's Essay Examples Library. Your Kibin Editing Credit balance renews each time a subscription payment is made. Kibin Credit balances do not roll over and must be used within the subscription period. Kibin Editing Credits will expire on the same date as the subscription. You may cancel your monthly or annual subscription anytime before the next billing cycle, subject to the terms of Kibin's cancellation policy.
Each Kibin subscription requires an upfront and immediate charge via the payment method selected at the time of purchase. You must be authorized to use the payment method you provide. By entering your payment information, you authorize an initial and recurring charge for the subscription using the payment method provided.
When purchasing a monthly or annual subscription, you agree to the following payment terms:
- You agree to pay an initial and recurring monthly subscription fee in U.S. dollars until the subscription is cancelled or paused.
- Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each billing cycle via the payment method on file until the subscription is cancelled, and you accept responsibility for all recurring subscription charges.
- Purchasing a monthly subscription authorizes Kibin to automatically withdraw your monthly subscription fee each month until the subscription is terminated.
- Annual subscriptions will renew one year after the initial subscription date. Annual subscribers will be notified of their subscription renewal via email 30 days before the annual subscription fee is charged to the payment method on file. The renewal notice will be sent to the email address on file.
- You can manage your subscription status and view your subscription's end date or renewal date on your subscription settings page.
- Navigation menu → Manage subscription or Navigation menu → Settings → Subscription tab
- You may cancel your monthly or annual subscription at any time during your subscription period. You are responsible for cancelling your Kibin subscription prior to your subscription renewal date if it is no longer of use to you.
- Cancelling a Kibin subscription cancels future payments for your subscription. Please note that cancelling an Essay Examples Library subscription does not initiate a refund.
- You will retain your access to the content in Kibin's Essay Examples Library and your Kibin Credit balance for the remainder of the subscription period. When the subscription period expires, you can no longer access full essay examples and any remaining Kibin Credits are removed.
- To cancel your Kibin subscription, visit your settings page. Click on "Settings" via the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner, click the "Subscription" tab, and click "Cancel Subscription." You must confirm your cancellation after clicking "Cancel Subscription."
- You may pause your Kibin subscription for 1, 2, 3, or 4 months. You will not be able to access Essay Examples Library content or your Kibin Editing Credit while your subscription is paused.
- When a subscription is paused, payment of monthly subscription fees is temporarily suspended for the number of months you select. Your account will automatically unpause once the time period selected has elapsed.
- Your payment method may be charged a prorated rate depending on where you paused during your billing cycle when the pause occurred. You are responsible for cancelling your Kibin subscription prior to the resume date if the subscription is no longer needed.
- You may also contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and request a subscription cancellation. All email cancellation requests will be processed within 24 hours. If you no longer wish to continue your subscription, you must contact Kibin about a cancellation before your renewal date to avoid renewing for another month.
- Once site content is viewed or downloaded using a Kibin subscription, the initial subscription fee and all recurring subscription charges are non-refundable and subject to the billing terms.
- Subscriptions that are not cancelled prior to the renewal date are ineligible for refunds upon cancellation.
- If you stop using your Kibin subscription benefits, unused subscription time is not eligible for a refund.
- Subscription fees for accounts found to be abusing Kibin's services are non-refundable. Kibin reserves the right to determine the types of activity that constitute abuse of the Site, subscription benefits, and/or published content.
- Refunds will not be given for any plagiarized work submitted to Kibin's editing service.
Communications With Us
Except as indicated in a secure area of the Site, any information or communication, including but not limited to remarks, suggestions, ideas, questions, or comments, transmitted to Kibin via the Site or email, is the exclusive property of Kibin and is not confidential. KIBIN CANNOT GUARANTEE THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF TRANSMISSIONS OVER THE INTERNET (UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED), INCLUDING ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY YOU TO KIBIN.
Unless otherwise stated, Kibin is entitled to use any information or communication submitted for any purpose without restriction (including, but not limited to, reproduction, publication, disclosure, broadcast, posting and compilation of such information or communication or developing products and services incorporating the same) or compensation to the person sending the submission.
The person sending such submissions acknowledges the originality of any submission communicated to Kibin and accepts entire responsibility for its accuracy, appropriateness, and legality (including without limitation compliance with any federal or state intellectual property statutes, regulations and common law rules).
You are prohibited from using another user's information, personal or otherwise, for any commercial purpose or to obtain direct financial gain (including, but not limited to, use for mass marketing purposes). Any such use shall be deemed to be a violation of these Terms. The Site is to be used for your personal use only. Commercial uses of the Site are strictly prohibited unless prior written consent from Kibin has been granted. You agree that you will not use the Site for chain letters, junk mail, "spamming," solicitations (commercial or non-commercial) or bulk communications of any kind, including, but not limited to, distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a list.
You represent and warrant to Kibin that nothing submitted by you to the Site shall contain any content which (i) is harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) violates any law, rule or regulation; (iii) infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other right of any entity or person; (iv) encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation; (v) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; or (vi) encourages the use of controlled substances. Kibin reserves the right to delete any such material from the Site.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including impersonating an employee or consultant of Kibin. You further agree not to use an inappropriate username of any kind.
You acknowledge and agree that you may not upload, post, reproduce, or distribute any content on or through the Site that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right of a third party, without obtaining permission of the owner of such right. Any copyrighted or other proprietary content distributed with the consent of the owner must contain the appropriate copyright or other proprietary rights notice. The unauthorized submission or distribution of copyrighted or other proprietary content is illegal and could subject you to personal liability or criminal prosecution.
Content Sharing Policy
Kibin reserves the right to utilize content uploaded to the Company Site for promotional, educational, or other business needs. Content will never be shared in these manners prior to 90 days after being uploaded. Customers who pay for editing services are opted out by default. You are always able to check your content-sharing settings or opt-out of Kibin's content sharing policy via your account preferences page.
Kibin will never use or share the following types of content: business documents or materials, press releases, personally identifiable content, copyrighted content or books, novels, short stories, and poems.
You are always able to opt-out of Kibin's content sharing policy via your account preferences page.
When you upload content through Kibin's Free Contributor program or Paper Grader service, you grant Kibin a perpetual, irrevocable, and exclusive right to the submission. Submissions will not be published prior to 90 days after being uploaded.
Copyright Infringement Claims
If you believe that your copyrighted work or the copyrighted works of others have been infringed, please send a written notification of claimed infringement to email@example.com with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the Site; (iv) your telephone number, address and e-mail address; (v) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Upon receiving a notice of claimed copyright infringement containing the information specified above, Kibin will promptly remove the allegedly infringing material from the Site. Kibin shall have no liability to any user of the Site for the removal of any such material.
THE SITE, ANY SERVICE OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND THE ENTIRE CONTENTS AND SOFTWARE ON THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. KIBIN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. KIBIN MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTY THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE SITE ARE COMPLETE, ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE IN A MANNER THAT IS SECURE (UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED), UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SITE IS OR WILL BE MAINTAINED FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. IT IS UP TO YOU TO TAKE ANY AND ALL PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION YOU ACCESS AND USE FROM THE SITE IS FREE OF SUCH ITEMS AS VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES AND OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE. CHANGES MAY BE MADE TO THE CONTENTS AND SOFTWARE ON THE SITE, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DESCRIBED WITHIN OR OFFERED ON THE SITE, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. KIBIN USES REASONABLE EFFORTS TO INCLUDE ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE INFORMATION ON THE SITE. KIBIN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE FAILURES OF ANY KIND; LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS; OR INCOMPLETE, GARBLED OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS.
Limitation of Liability
BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT KIBIN WILL NOT FOR ANY REASON OR CIRCUMSTANCE, AND REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, AND REGARDLESS OF CHARACTER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF KIBIN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES, BY WAY OF EXAMPLE BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (I) YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICE OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE), OR (II) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE ON, THE SITE (INCLUDING ANY SERVICE OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. HOWEVER, SUCH EXCLUSIONS SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Kibin harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees) arising from or related to your (i) use of the Site or (ii) violation of any of these Terms.
Copyrights, Trademarks, and Servicemarks
The Site and all information, documentation, and other content ("Content") posted in or on the Site are copyright 2010-2020 Kibin Inc. All rights reserved. Unless stated to the contrary, all Content is the property of Kibin or its third party licensors. By making this Content available on the Site, Kibin is not waiving any proprietary rights (including copyrights or trademarks) in such Content, and is not transferring its rights to you or any third party. The Content is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The product and service names and logos on the Site, and the appearance of the Site, including icons and graphics ("Marks"), are servicemarks/trademarks, registered servicemarks/trademarks and/or trade dress of Kibin or its third party licensors. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
You agree not to remove copyright, trademark or other notices from any Content or Marks you may get from the Site. You cannot download or copy any content from the Site without the prior written consent of Kibin except for your individual use. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content, Marks, the Site, or any related software.
To the extent links are provided from the Site to other Websites, Kibin does not operate nor control any information, products or services on, nor endorse or approve any products, services, or information offered at those sites.
In the event that Kibin determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any of the Terms, or have otherwise engaged in inappropriate conduct, Kibin may, in addition to any other remedies that may be available, (i) warn you of the violation via e-mail; (ii) delete any content provided by you or your agent(s); (iii) terminate your use of the Site; (iv) notify and fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; or (e) take any other action which Kibin deems to be appropriate.
These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by Kibin. Kibin may terminate all or part of the Site at any time without notice to you. Upon any termination of these Terms or the Site, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from this Site, as well as all copies of such materials.
These Terms constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersede and cancel all previous written and oral agreements and communications relating to the subject matter hereof. No failure or delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any privilege, power or right hereunder will operate as a waiver thereof.